Over the years we have worked with many organisations in both private and government sectors, across various industries and within diverse cultural settings. In those organisations, demonstrating effective and sustained development, we have observed common systemic factors which contribute to their success. These include:
- A clear and common vision
- Visionary leadership
- High performance team work
- A sound development strategy
- A holistic and integrated approach to development (i.e. includes all facets, functional areas and levels)
- An enjoyable and rewarding process for stakeholders
We have learned that the above are critical success factors in organisational development. Consequently, we focus our attention (and that of participants), on assessing current effectiveness, identifying priority development needs and addressing them. We do this in a variety of engaging and stimulating ways, including the use of powerful metaphors such as our “Base Camp” programs.